We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our talented, dynamic, and rapidly growing global team. The position is based out of our New York City office located near Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan. All employees have the option to work entirely or partially remote through December 2020.
OpenAsset is the leading Digital Asset Management solution for the Architecture, Construction, Engineering and Real Estate industries. We help our customers be more productive in storing, finding, using and sharing their large volumes of digital assets and associated data.
We have over 600 clients and 15 years experience of delivering value. We are a smart, friendly and motivated group of individuals who are relentlessly focused on building great software, delighting our clients and finding new ones!
Both our London and New York offices have very calm, fun, and welcoming environments!
Support Engineer Description
We’re looking for a smart, friendly and motivated person to join our team as a Software Support Engineer (Entry Level). Our Support Engineers aren’t your typical technical support folks. You aren’t telling people to refresh their browser or where to click – it is much more technical than that.
Our Support Engineer position offers a ton of professional growth and is the gateway to the technical side of our company. Most of our software and operations developers all started with us as Support Engineers. In the Support Engineer role you’ll also learn the ins and outs of the product and our client base.
Support Engineer Responsibilities
- Develop scripts that are used for data management and migrating client images into OpenAsset
- Script custom InDesign and PowerPoint templates that integrate with OpenAsset
- Use our REST API to make updates in client systems as well as advise clients on integrating OpenAsset with other solutions
- Troubleshoot server side, end user and code base issues
- Own and manage client support tickets through to resolution and to the client’s satisfaction
- Communicate clear and concise answers to complex technical questions
- Work closely with OpenAsset Customer Success Managers to maintain client satisfaction
- Identify areas of improvement within the product and communicate them to the product development team
Support Engineer Skills & Experience
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Comfortable navigating Windows and Linux server platforms.
- Experienced in updating, and querying MySQL databases.
- Skilled in scripting in any number of languages (bonus points for PERL).
- Good at understanding and explaining networking concepts.
- Great at communicating clear solutions to complex technical questions (bonus points for prior customer facing experience).
- Friendly, motivated and a great team player.
- Ability to thrive in our ‘start up’ feel.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred).
Technologies we use
- Competitive salary
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage
- Commuter benefits
- 20 days paid time off per year + federal holidays (UK style!)
- A fun office with casual dress code and open fridge (free fruit, soda & other beverages)
- Career growth and development opportunities
To Apply: please send your CV/Resume to [email protected]
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Axomic Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are welcomed.