Backend Software Engineer (Python)
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our talented, dynamic, and rapidly growing global team. The position is based out of our London office situated in the heart of London’s tech community in Shoreditch. All employees have the option to work entirely or partially remote through December 2020.
OpenAsset is the leading Digital Asset Management solution for the Architecture, Construction, Engineering and Real Estate industries. We help our customers be more productive in storing, finding, using and sharing their large volumes of digital assets and associated data.
We have over 600 clients and 15 years experience of delivering value. We are a smart, friendly and motivated group of individuals who are relentlessly focused on building great software, delighting our clients and finding new ones!
Both our London and New York offices have very calm, fun, and welcoming environments.
As Backend Software Engineer, you will join our growing and talented engineering team that is split across our London and New York offices. Our team is fun, progressive and diligent, and candidates should fit right in!
Our team is friendly, fun, down to earth, and very welcoming!
- Design and develop services that will support and add new functionality to our core product, OpenAsset.
- Take a central role in the creation of software services from the design phase through to production.
- Take ownership of deployment, testing and integration pipelines.
- Maintain and build upon existing infrastructure.
- Adopt and ensure industry best practices are followed.
- Have a good awareness and understanding of new technologies and how they may be applied.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior members of the team.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Python in a commercial environment
- Experience in cloud infrastructure platforms (we use AWS)
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code tooling (Terraform preferred)
- Microservices architecture experience
- Creating and maintaining APIs
- Test driven development
- Continuous Integration (GitHub actions, CircleCi)
- Databases; relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational (DynamoDB)
- Confident with Git version control and code reviews.
- Are receptive to feedback and are always looking to learn and improve.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable in collaborative environments.
- Curiosity and confidence to debate customer value and impact.
Technologies we use
- Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL and DynamoDB)
- Github (and Github actions)
- Competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days
- 8 bank holidays
- Bike storage/shower facilities in building
- Pension program
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Axomic Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are welcomed.